Do you Want to sing easily and effortlessly in all styles? I’m Diane Louise Roy and I can show you how.
If you have a desire to increase your range and sing without strain to allow the natural beauty of your voice to shine through to experience the joy of singing your favourite songs with confidence and ease, then this is the place for you.
In my early 20’s,voice. I had the good fortune of being introduced to a tried and true method of singing called Bel Canto, which allowed my voice to grow exponentially over a course of only 2 years, after initially having some very bad training and almost losing my singing voice altogether.
From that point on, I never looked back and have performed as a singer/pianist and vocal coach for over 30 years worldwide.
The Bay Club, Zijuatanao, Mexico 1989
Top ‘o’ The Senator Jazz Venue, Toronto 1992
Host of The Arts & Entertainment Show (Cross-Canada Radio) 1990-92
MS Song of Flower Solo Performer, SE Asian Tour 1995
Brandenburg Gate, Berlin, Germany, New Year’s Eve 2000
In Concert at Jazz Radio, Berlin, 2002
Compass Rose Jazz Club, Tokyo, Japan 2006
Hotel de Rome, Top Addressen,Berlin 2006 – 2008
Golfhotel les Hauts de Gstaad, Switzerland 2009-2010
Born To Be Blue CD (with Quintet) 1992
Solo Live at Lydian Sound Studio, Toronto 1993
I Hear Music Solo CD 2003
Pop Rock Revisited Solo CD (with Sax) 2005
Best Of Diane Roy CD 2008
- Musical Theater Scholarship Program, Banff School of Fine Arts, Canada
- 1980-1985 Bel Canto singing training with David Dunbar and Carol Forte in Toronto.
- 8-Week intensive acting workshop at Toronto Workshop Productions with George Luscombe. Course included Laban movement, Kristen Linklater technique and Stanislavsky improvisational work.
- 1986-1999 singer/pianist, vocal coach based in Frankfurt, Germany.
- Master classes in Bel Canto technique with Cornelius Reid, Frankfurt, Germany
- In 2000 – 2008 based in Berlin, her performances included The Reischtag, Berlin on New Year’s Eve 2000.
- 2009 – Moved back to Canada as Head of Musical Theatre Department, Penticton School of Dance, BC
- 2010-present – Teach Bel Canto singing technique and song development online using Skype to students worldwide